Customer Experience Is Critical to Your Bottom Line — Here Are 8 Stats That Prove It
By Mike Stone, SVP of Marketing at Airship
Your company’s success depends on the customer experience (CX) your brands create. 32% of consumers say they’ll walk away from a brand after just one bad experience and 65% of customers find a positive experience with a brand to be more influential than great advertising. As I’ve said before, the correlation between creating amazing customer experiences and bottom-line success can’t be denied.
I recently co-hosted with Anthony Tse, Director of Global Professional Services, the webinar “Be There: A CMO’s Roadmap to the Future of Customer Engagement,” where we talked about the strategies, solutions and innovations brands can use be there in the moments that matter most. We also shared some vital stats that underscore the importance of customer experience and customer engagement.
Here are 8 noteworthy stats that underscore why customer experience is crucial for your brand.
- Customers of brands that lead in CX have a seven times higher purchase intent than those of other companies.
- 44% of CMOs said that customer experience is the most important program they are looking to for driving innovation and differentiation.
- Good customer experience makes a difference. 65% of customers find a positive experience with a brand to be more influential than great advertising
- Bad customer experience can also make the wrong kind of difference. 32% of consumers say they’ll walk away from a brand after just one bad experience.
- A one-point increase in CX scores can translate into an increase of $10-$100 million in annual revenue.
- In a global survey, 45% of participants said that they wished booking a hotel was a more digital experience.
- 29% of marketers said that event-triggered/real-time campaigns will most impact marketing activities over the next five years.
- 38% of CMOs say that fragmented engagement systems that fail to connect or deliver a unified view of the customer experience are the primary challenge of executing data-driven CX strategy.
At Airship, we want to help you get more traction in your organization for initiatives that improve CX, so we’ve created a “stat pack” with slides, like the images above, you can use to share these important facts and figures in your organization.
Feel free to download and share them in your internal and external presentations — and let us know how it goes! We’d love to hear back from you.
Let’s talk customer experience at Elevate, a Customer Engagement Forum. Airship will be hosting panels on customer engagement with brands like Zillow, AccuWeater, and Foot Locker. Come say hi to me and other Airshippers at the events in San Francisco, New York, London, and Paris. For a full list of brands and cities, check out our event page.
Originally published at https://www.airship.com